Good, good things this weekend.
Some of them included:
- Going for a run along the Alexandra Bridge downtown, looking at the spot where I got engaged, running part of the route I used to do when I lived in my first apartment.
- Meeting up with my two best friends for an afternoon of shopping. I can't remember the last time I did this, but the throwback to my fashion choices circa 1995 on display at Urban Outfitters helped me wax nostalgic (read: feel old)
- Having friends for brunch both days! Kids running around in princess dresses, old friends we haven't seen since before we moved away, and good talks over food: Que Arricchire! (enriching in Italian)
- Good red wine
- Having a nice roast dinner made for me in my kitchen and ready for me to eat after a day spent out of the house
- SNL with Anna Kendrick
- singing along to Frozen songs in our jammies:
Catching one of the cutest parts of parenting on film: feetie pyjamas.
I am confident in declaring that Spring is here: the robins are out looking for nest-building material, the snowbanks are melting, the sun is shining, we don't need parkas, puddle-jumping toddlers, and I ordered my heirloom seeds for when the ground has thawed. Halleluia!